22 Talismani in 22 Arcani
22 Talismani in 22 Arcani
Design & Concept by Osvaldo Menegazzi
Available in Three Limited Edition Versions
The word Talisman comes from Greek Telesma meaning to initiate into the mysteries. A talisman is an amulet or sacred object considered to possess magical powers, placed on this object by an outside force. An inanimate object that one makes animate. In magic a talisman is endowed with magical properties or magical forces of a specific nature. It could also mean a sentimental object or souvenir that when revisited years later; evokes a certain emotional response...
Master craftsman Osvaldo Menegazzi has created a symbolically rich, gorgeous deck of Trumps with the 22 Talismani. These images touch that part of the heart-mind that relates to symbology across the span of time and space. Most likely no written interpretation is needed. Those who understand Tarot symbols will intuit many of the meanings but Osvaldo's daughter Cristina has hinted that an English version of the accompanying booklet may be forthcoming. It would be exciting to have access to Osvaldo's personal description of the meanings of these cards. This page will be updated if such a booklet becomes available. For the time being, each set includes a booklet in Italian; twelve pages long, with a short intro and a paragraph dedicated to each of the 22 cards.
The Special Edition Box Sets
A hand-crafted box comes with the 22 Major Arcana and the set is available in two sizes for this very limited edition of only 36 copies. Each box designed by Osvaldo, is an incredibly intricate, unique work of art. Tarot imagery from the deck is collaged on painted wooden slabs and fastened to the box giving it a 3- dimensional presentation which is most stunning. Osvaldo's logo and signature hot-wax seal are finishing touches to the box. One can look to any of the special, handcrafted sets Osvaldo has been making in recent years, such as the 22 Massonici  to imagine the look and feel of such a set.
The Major Arcana Cards
The stunning artwork for each of the 22 Major Arcana cards in the Special Edition sets is mounted on thick cardstock with dyed paper that is wrapped around, (from back to the front edges and folded down at each corner), giving it a vintage look.
Each set has a signed, stamped and numbered signature card. This is a personal favorite of the series that Osvaldo has been handcrafting in recent years. It is a precious collectable impossible to describe in all its wonderfulness. Designed and created in his workshop, it became available in 2012.
Currently three versions of 22 Talismani in 22 Arcani are available:
Two versions come in handcrafted boxes while a third; more reasonably priced set, comes in a decorated cardboard box.
1) Large Size Box: Approximately 8 in. tall x 5 inches wide - 20 cm. x 12 cm. Cards: 6 in. long x 4 inches wide - 15.25 cm x 10 cm. Only 36 signed and numbered sets will be made.
2) Smaller Size Box: Approximately 8 in. L x 3 inches W - 20.32 cm. x 7.62 cm. Cards: 3 1/2 in. long x 2 1/4 inches wide - 8.9 cm x 5.75 cm Only 36 signed and numbered sets will be made.
3) Standard, Large Deck in Decorated Cardboard Box: 7 in. L x 4.5 inches W - 17.78 cm. x 11.43 cm. Cards: 5 in. long x 3.5 inches wide - 12.7 cm x 8.89 cm 250 numbered sets Cards in this more reasonably priced set are not mounted onto thick cardstock but are printed on semi-gloss, textured cardstock and include a signed, stamped & numbered signature card and booklet (in Italian). The box also has the il Meneghello hot wax seal
- Specs for 22 Talismani in 22 Arcani
- 12 page booklet in Italian (possibly an English version available soon)
- The backs are brown cardstock, and therefore - reversible
- Three Versions are Available:
- Two very special, limited editions of 36 sets each and a standard edition limited to 250 sets
- Card dimensions: Depends on which version of the three
- All three sets, signed & numbered by Osvaldo Menegazzi
- This page on Osvaldo Menegazzi's site has more sample cards & details about 22 Talismani in 22 Arcani 
- Talisman Symbology Relating to the Major Arcana 22 Cards
 Date of Publication
 Creator's website
- il Meneghello 
(A site by Arnell Ando to honor the Tarot & art contributions by Osvaldo Menegazzi of Il Meneghello. This site has much of Osvaldo's published decks and handmade art to date.)