Talk:Nicolas Conver Tarot
(I hope that my english will be OK, I am french)
The do these observations, I looked at the loScarabeo and the Héron decks.
Concerning the colors, I don’t see 7 colors (mentioned on this page), but 8. And these are not exaclty the same:
- I don’t see any gold (?)
- I see a yellow (which is not mentioned on this page)
- I see a green (which is not mentioned on this page)
It is possible that I missed something, but if not, I propose eight colors instead of seven:
[…] are generally accepted as consisting of the following eight colours:
- flesh, i.e. beige
- sky blue
- dark blue
I also propose to sort the colors from the lighter to the darker, which is probably the kind of chronology that Nicolas Conver used.
(In printing, we generally applies the lighter colors first.)
Of course, the black is the only color that is applied in first.
- I suspect that the mention of 'gold' in the main article results more from an ambiguity in modern English where the colour is closer to 'gold' than to 'yellow' - the former being richer whilst the latter lighter. But I agree with you, the colour mentioned should, from my perspective, should also be 'yellow' or 'golden yellow'.
- Seems like the omission of dark green is more of an accident.
- I've left the ordering of the colours according to standard order.
- Thanks for that! ...and please don't hesitate to add your contributions directly to the articles.
- Jmd 17:16, 11 July 2009 (PDT)
On the BN edition, I can really see eight colors + the white of the card and not only seven + the white of the card. If you look at "La Force", for example, you can see:
- black: the lines
- beige: the lion
- flesh: face and hands
- sky blue: shoulder
- yellow: int he hat
- red: the cloak
- dark blue: the dress
- green: the arms
Flesh and beige are two distinct colors.
Of course, there is also the white of the card in the background.
I simplified the "yellow (on a few cards)", by just "yellow", because this color is present on almost all the cards.
However, if someone wrote "gold/yellow on a few cards" in this article, maybe there is a real gold color somewhere, but never managed to see it.
Have you any idea about a gold in the Conver ?
As you propose, I have directly added these changes in the article ;)