Tarot Decks: Egyptian
This page lists:
- Egyptian theme decks that have Ancient Egyptian motifs or themed artwork.
- Decks falling within the tarot tradition of Etteilla and that are therefore traditionally referred to by tarot historians as Egyptian tarots even though the deck may or may not necessarily have Ancient Egyptian motif artwork.
- Ancient Egyptian motif tarot decks falling within the tarot traditions of Paul Christian and R. Falconnier.
See "A History of Egyptian Tarot Decks" (Essay by Mark Filipas) for an overview of all these various genres of 'Egyptian' tarot decks.
- 1 Egyptian theme decks
- 2 School of Etteilla decks
- 3 Tarot of Paul Christian
- 4 Falconnier/Wegener Pattern
- 5 External Links
Egyptian theme decks
- Ancient Egyptian Senet Tarot
- Ancient Egyptian Tarot
- Ansata Tarot
- Aperol Tarot (Italy, 1973. 46 card promotional deck from Italy)
- Barath Egyptian Tarot
- Cagliostro Tarot aka Cartomanzia 184 or Destino Svelato dal Tarocco 
- Der Aegyptische Tarot
- Deutsches Original Tarot
- Egyptian Gods Tarot
- Enoil Gavat Tarot
- Golden Tarots of the Pyramids by Nicholai Cachev, Bulgaria 
- Holy Tarot of Tot 
- Ishbel's Temple of Isis Egyptian Tarot 
- Love Spell Tarot
- Miss Cleo's Tarot Power Deck  
- Nefertari's Tarot  
- Ramses - Tarot of Eternity
- Tarocchi Egiziani by Laura Tuan
- Tarot Egyptien d'Esmeralda 
- Tarot der Eingeweihten
- Tarot of Cleopatra 
- Tarot of the Ages
- Tarot of Transition
- Tarots of the Sphynx  
School of Etteilla decks
Main article: Etteilla Pattern
- Grand Etteilla Tarot (Dusserre edition) - photoreproduction deck
- Grand Etteilla Egyptian Gypsies Tarot  - reproduction published by Grimaud
- Antique specimen 
Tarot Egyptien: Grand Jeu de l'Oracle des Dames
- Tarot Egyptien: Grand Jeu de l'Oracle des Dames (Dusserre edition)
- Book of Thoth - Etteilla Tarot  (Lo Scarabeo)
- An apparent 19th-century Etteilla-style Russian tarot deck, with scenically-illustrated numeric pip cards
Jeu de la Princesse Tarot
- Esoteric Ancient Tarots  (Lo Scarabeo)
- Jeu de la Princesse Tarot (Dusserre edition)
- Cartomanzia Italiana
Other Etteilla based decks
- Cagliostro Tarot  - Court and pip cards use Etteilla keywords; the trumps use art with Egyptian motifs.
- Papus Tarot
- Tarot divinatoire par le Dr. Papus
- Tarocco Indovino by Sergio Ruffolo - Has court and pip cards whose images illustrate Etteilla's divinatory meanings 
- Egipcios Kier Tarot - see discussion in separate section below.
Tarot of Paul Christian
- Edmond's Tarot, better known as Grand Tarot Belline
Building upon the Egyptianized trump descriptions offered by Paul Christian, the following decks follow the trump designs of Falconnier as executed by Wegener in the 1896 book Les XXII lames hermètiques du tarot divinatoire. The book did not include court and pip cards, but in 1901 Saint-Germain's Practical Astrology used the Falconnier/Wegener trumps and added court and pip designs.
Decks based on the Falconnier/Wegener and Saint-Germain drawings;
- Egyptian Tarot (U.S. Games edition)  - monochrome
- Ibis Tarot - colours added by Josef Machynka
- Tarot de Saint Germain
- Brotherhood of Light Tarot  & 
- The Sacred Tarot -- a Russian version of Brotherhood of Light Tarot 
- Egyptian Tarot (Alasia)  by Silvana Alasia (new designs by Alasia for the Minors, retaining the Falconnier trumps).
- Titania’s Star Tarot   - based in part on Brotherhood of Light Tarot
Egipcios Kier Pattern
This is a South American mutation of the Falconnier pattern created in 1970, and later revised and amended by later deck creators. The Egipcios Kier was the first Egyptian deck to have fully scenic Minors. Eschewing the division of 4 suits, the Minors simply proceeded in sequence and used Etteilla-derived meanings. The Egipcios Kier cards are numbered 1 to 78 and follow the Grand Etteilla 1 to 78 sequence, the only difference being that the Fool card is numbered 0/78 in the Grand Etteilla, whereas it is numbered 22 in the Egipicios Kier.
- Egyptian Tarot (Fournier edition)  by Esther Casla (published by Fournier)
- Tarot Egipcio Adivinatorio, a.k.a. Divinatory Egyptian Tarot, a.k.a. Egipcios Comas Tarot (by Margarita Arnal Moscardo and Jordi Bernaus)  (published by Comas)
- Tarot d'Hermes-Thot
Table (in Spanish) giving concordances between Tarot de Marseille minor arcana and the minor arcana of the Egipcios Kier and Egipcios Comas decks - This link does not currently show this article. Keep for future updating.