please feel free to leave me a message by clicking the '+' tab above (next to the 'edit' tab), or by [clicking here]
 Square & Compasses Tarot
Greetings from South Africa and congratulations on a great site. Thank you for adding my deck "The Square & Compasses Deck" to your site and if you would like any further info or images please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kind Regards Colin Browne
 Broken images
I have found two broken images from the wiki: Image:Tarot of the Cat People 5.jpg and Image:Crow's Magick Tarot 4.jpg. They looked good when I uploaded them, but something has happened to them, while I have been away from the wiki. The culprit could be the wiki software update. Luckily the images aren't unreplaceable. The articles about the decks now have new images. Could you delete the older broken files? Tristram Shandy 13:33, 11 January 2008 (PST)
- thanks Tristam Shandy - I have to await until the tarotpedia move is complete, and then I'll do so (can't get in with my other name until then) J mdavid 17:06, 24 January 2008 (PST)
- some images appear to still not have been fixed, so will try and find all of these over the coming weeks. Jmd 15:36, 18 September 2008 (PDT)
 Reviews in online shops
Is it OK to link to them? I found such link in article Tarot of a Moon Garden, and I haven't found discussion about it. My initial thoughts are that such links just advertise some online shops. And in many shops it is impossible to have a list of all reviews that a certain customer has written, so you can't get more information on their tastes. Tarotpedia:Style Guide may need a small section about this. Tristram Shandy 15:48, 11 January 2008 (PST)
- hmmmm..... good point. Seems like there is a difference to be made between a genuine 'review' and a 'brief sales description' - again, I'll talk with le_pendu about this, but fully agree with you that is seems more like advertising. I suppose that, on one level, if the 'advertising reviews' are minimal in a context that has little other descriptions, they may be useful. Perhaps a separate subheading like Retailer description and reviews may do the trick.
- thanks again, J mdavid 17:11, 24 January 2008 (PST)
Hi! Several of my reviews are to House of Tarot which is an online shop however my reviews are not "brief". I do not write these for monetary gain although I do get decks to review. Is it possible to make a distinction for that? By heading it "retailer description" etc you make it sound as if the reviewer is the retailer! Yikes!--TarotByArwen 09:11, 24 September 2008 (PDT)
 account cancellation
Hi, I am a new member but I like to cancel my account, please let me now how? Thanks Vivimo.
- I know I can (and have) banned IP addresses and spammers, but that, as far as I'm aware, does not actually delete accounts, only prevents them logging in.
- As far as I'm aware, due to the nature of Wiki (I would be glad to stand corrected and explained how to do it), accounts, and history (ie, past contributions) remain in the database. I'm sure there must be a way somehow, but not for a relatively inexperienced user such as myself.
- I have also asked LePendu (as other admin), and neither of us are aware of this as an admin feature.
- I suggest simply not using the account, and sorry to not be able to be of more assisstance.
- Jmd 15:34, 18 September 2008 (PDT)
 concern about spamming
Um - er - uh - now I'm scared to add more links, especially without knowing who or what are spammers.
I see on the Decameron (one where todays entry was deleted) there is still an entry from the Visual Tarot folks (who, according to some are violating copyright (I really don't know).
Can you offer any advice?
- Basically, the folks I banned were deleting whole sections and at times whole pages to replace it with their own advert, giving the impression that their software was somehow superior to anything and apparently promoted by Tarotpedia.
- your own additions permit people to have a chance to see collections of cards, and in the context is entirely appropriate. If per chance business also flows your way, that's fine. There can be a fine line between advertising and supporting tarot endeavours such as Tarotpedia. Your contributions have always, as far as I'm concerned, allowed for something that seeks to support.
- Jmd 18:05, 15 January 2009 (PST)
are these the visual tarot people?
- yes - unfortunately (or someone who pretends to be them)... and they similarly did the same a number of days ago.
- Jmd 18:09, 15 January 2009 (PST)
I have now added a report about the apparent scam 'visual tarot' in the Association for Tarot Studies archive.
 Welcome note
Thanks for welcomming me. I'm amazed Taropedia hasn't more content yet, so I thought to do my part of the job instead of making one more site of my own.
Do you and LePendu read every new entry? I added a picture of my collection (the Lequart Bateleur). I suppose there's no copyright problem with such an old card?
- We do read every entry (eventually), but do not always do our bit to continuously improve the entries. Probably like most people, we tend to have bursts of energy for entries, and then keep an eye on things (and delete spam and inappropriate content) the rest of the time.
- Jmd 00:05, 5 April 2009 (PDT)
Wikipedia prevents linking to certain domain names by blacklisting them. Is it possible to do it here? MediaWiki has some blacklisting features, and then there is Blacklist extension. This website has caused so much havoc in this wiki. Tristram Shandy 07:29, 8 May 2009 (PDT)
- yes - users and IPs can be banned... and we usually catch them and ban them early. In that case, it occurred during a short period that we weren't around to check what was going on. By the way, I made a comment on the thread you link to back on the 15th Jan 2009
- I'm not sure that we're using the same extensions as you listed above, though, so I'll have to check that.
- Jmd 03:06, 10 May 2009 (PDT)
 Tarot Blogs duplicated page
Hello Jean-Michel, I think this two pages could be merged in a single one:
- thanks Marco - done
- Jmd 02:35, 17 September 2009 (PDT)
Hi JMD :)
I LOVE that you have such a GREAT resource for tarot enthusiasts to come together and preserve a bit of history and reference. This is wonderful. But, I think I need to understand some things before I make a mess out of everything! lol.. I noticed that you changed the artist template to an author template for our deck. I guess maybe we need to understand why, since the artist really was the artist. Maybe there is criteria to be meet that I hadn't realized ?
Also, My apologies for mis-alphabetizing our site. You would like us to use only the the second word as reference, and not the First letter of the deck? :)
Thank you in advance for helping!! :) I'm terribly sorry for misunderstandings and goof ups! :)
Could there be an additional a section for decks that have no numbers and words on it? and a section on the front page of authors, like there is for all decks and all artists?
Thank you so much!! Loving this site! :D
- Glad to have your contributions and feedback - it's fantastic to see so much added of late.
- regarding the alphabetic ordering, words such as 'the', 'a' etc are normally excluded from bibliographic alphabetic orderings, and we try and follow this protocol. 'The Tarot Book' would therefore be listed under T, and 'A Book on Tarot' under B. In your case, 'A King's Way' under K.
- I MAY have made an error in altering the template to author - what I saw is that it was an entry not only of the you as artist, but also as, effectively, author of the deck (an example of artist is where a person is 'employed' by another to work on a deck published by others, such as, for example, Kay Steventon (who has two published tarot by USGames).
- If you think I made a mistake in altering the template, please do re-alter it again. I suppose that a number of us are keeping a close eye on Tarotpedia as it has gone through too many spamming phases... and in the process of trying to 'fix' things we see, we have made errors ourlelves!
- re section for decks with neither numbers nor titles, seems like a good idea... give me about a week to check with others as well, as the whole section appears to be becoming increasingly complex and confusing, so it may be that we need to also consider a revamp of the manner in which these are organised (though like anything that grows with time, it seems to work at the moment!)
- I'm not sure what you mean by 'section on the front page of authors, like there is for all decks and all artists' - I'll have to have another look at those
- again, thanks for your input, and also a late welcome to Tarotpedia!
thank you!! I really appreciate your help. As far the 'all decks and all artists' part. when I click on tarot decks, there is a section at the top that says ' All Decks ' and ' All Artists'. I was wondering if there could be an 'all authors' section there. or a link on the side. I'm unsure how else to access the page where all the authors are located. That's what I meant :) Thanks for your help!
- 20:47, 27 April 2010 (PDT)
 Edinamarry Free Tarot Software Version 3.0 For Windows.
Dear Jean Michel David,
I am Tushar and I am the developer of Edinamarry Free Tarot Software Version 3.05 and HFairiesGrove Edinamarry Oracle and Tarot Version 2.0. These are my free software contributions to the Tarot community. Edinamarry is dedicated to Tarot. By far, Edinamarry Free Tarot Software Version 3.05 is very advanced when it comes to Tarot Game Software. Twice I tried to contact you to review my software and list it in your Tarotpedia Tarot Software page, but you never responded. I urge you that you review Edinamarry and list it in Tarotpedia.com. My software is completely freeware and does not contains anything illegal.
Edinamarry 3.0 Website: http://edinamarry.lawsofbrahman.com
Edinamarry 3.0 Download link: http://edinamarry.lawsofbrahman.com/edinamarry3/edinamarry3-free-tarot-software-setup.exe
Edinamarry 3.0 Screenshot: http://edinamarry.lawsofbrahman.com/edinamarry3-screenshot1.jpg
I am anticipating on this expected response from you. :)
Thank you, Tushar, Edinamarry 3.0 Free Tarot Software. User Account on Tarotpedia.com: Oracletushar Email: email@example.com
- Hello Tushar,
- I cannot review the software as I do not run Windows. You are, however, welcome to add it to the list of available software on the Tarot Software page, under the MS-Windows only sub-heading.
- Should you also have known reviews, links to those reviews are welcome.
- best wishes for the ongoing development of the tool!
- Jmd 22:39, 12 November 2010 (PST)
- Hi Jean!
- Thank you for a quick reply. Thanks for permitting me to put a link to Edinamarry on tarotpedia.com :)
 Hi, do you have any reason to change information about our deck?
Hi, do you have any reason to change information about our deck? We've published our official information that can can be easily proved.
- if there is a breach of copyright, then of course please do inform us so that the image in question may be removed. Perhaps I've read it incorrectly, but it appears the your site is not as a publisher, but rather as a reseller. This is quite distinct and would constitute advertising.
- no offence intended - more a case that too many times opportunity has been abused in Tarotpedia.
- Jmd 01:12, 23 February 2011 (PST)