Tarot contribution
Mary Greer has studied and practiced Tarot and astrology since the early 1960s, focussing on self-exploration and transformation.
In addition to having authored a number of books, worked on various tarot decks, and contributing to other publications on Tarot, Mary has presented at a number of Conferences and run workshops in various parts of the world.
Her interests also span across a wide field that criss-crosses the Tarot community, having also written an important biography on Women of the Golden Dawn, amongst other publications listed below. Mary is an ordained minister, Arch-Priestess and Hierophant of the Fellowship of Isis, based at Clonegal Castle, Eire.
She is the co-founder and director of the learning center T.A.R.O.T. (Tools and Rites of Transformation), a centre for the study of Tarot, Women's mysteries, and the magical uses of Aromatherapy.
She was awarded her BA in English Literature from the University of South Florida inn 1969, and an MA from the University of Central Florida in 1975
- 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, 2006 ISBN 0738707848
- Complete Book of Tarot Reversals, Llewellyn, 2002 ISBN 1567182852
- The Essence of Magic: Tarot, Ritual, and Aromatherapy, 1993
- Tarot Constellations: Patterns of Personal Destiny, 1987
- Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation, 1984
- Tarot Mirrors: Reflections of Personal Meaning, 1988
- Understanding The Tarot Court (with Tom Little), Llewellyn, 2004 ISBN 0738702862
- Women of the Golden Dawn Park Street Press, 1996 ISBN 0892816074
- Foreword for Tarot Tips by Ruth Ann & Wald Amberstone.
- “Tarot and the Tree of Life: Diagramming the Creative Process” forthcoming in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2008.
- “Egypt, Tarot and Mystery School Initiations” Association for Tarot Studies Newsletter and shamanicjourneys.com, 2007.
- “A Tarot R.I.T.E.” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2007.
- “The Mindfulness Spread” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2007.
- “Tarot Year-in-Review” in Tarot Celebrations, 2006, 2007.
- “The Waite-Smith Minor Arcana” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2006.
- “The Three-Card Drawing” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2006.
- “The Birth of the Tarot” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2005.
- “A New View: Reversals” in Llewellyn’s Tarot Reader 2005.
- “Emotional Characteristics of the Major Arcana” in Tarot Pages (New Zealand: The Tarot Guild of Aotearoa, 2004).
- “Tarot, Love and Romance: Two Spreads: in the American Tarot Association Journal, 2004.
- “Report on the Tarot and Emotions Project” in the American Tarot Association Journal and tarotpassages.com, 2004.
- “A Timeline of the Occult and Divinatory Tarot from 1750 to 1980” at www.tarotpassages.com/mkgtimeline.htm.
- “My Life with the Tarot Court” Llewellyn’s New Worlds Magazine, 2004.
- “Tarot by Number,” Llewellyn Tarot Calendar 2002.
- “Twenty-one Ways to Read a Tarot Card,” Llewellyn Tarot Calendar 2001.
- “TarotL History Information Sheet” (my conceptualization; contributions by various members of TarotL).
- “The Tarot Priestess and Priestess Spread,” in Oasis, No. 1, Fall, 1999.
- “Cards, Stones, Dice, and Bones,” in Gnosis, No. 46, Winter, 1998.
- “Tarot and Astrology,” in Mountain Astrologer, No. 72, April/May, 1997.
- “Tarot, Love and Romance,” in The Beltane Papers, No. 9, Beltane, 1996.
- “Astro-Biography: The Women of the Golden Dawn,” in Mountain Astrologer, October, 1994.
- “Women of the Golden Dawn,” in The Beltane Papers, Samhain, 1994.
- “Maud Gonne and the Grey Lady,” in Artemesia’s Magick, Fall, 1994.
- “The Abbey Theatre Tarot Readings” in The Golden Dawn Journal, Vol 1: Divination. Llewellyn, 1994.
- “Pluto, Neptune and the Golden Dawn” in Sydney Omarr’s Astrological Guide for 1994, Penguin, 1993.
- “Florence Farr: Restoring the Mysteries” play program, Rudolf Steiner Theatre, London, 1993.
- “Women of the Golden Dawn” in Gnosis, Fall 1991.
- “Healing Emotional Pain with Tarot,” in New Thoughts on Tarot. Newcastle Publishing. 1989.
- “Permutations of the Celtic Cross Spread” in The Wheel of Tarot: A New Revolution. Argus Publishers, 1986.
- “Invocations to the Goddess” (poetry) in Magical Blend Magazine, 2:3.
- “Personalizing the Tarot” in Magical Blend Magazine, 1:2.
- Various articles and reviews in Tarot Network News.
- Various reviews for Gnosis.